Monday, May 9, 2011

Back in Action

It’s great to have internet back.  It’s amazing the things we take for granted and access to the web is one of them.  When I got my modem on Friday I was so delighted to have my Shaw Cable debacle over with.
Saturday was a wet but awesome day at Whistler on Blackcomb Mountain.  Roberto my coach and I rode jumps and pipe most of the day.  There was also some hiking of the pipe to get down a few tricks in the slushy spring pipe.  It’s a good thing I had my goggle wiper blade to get all the water off my lens because it was raining/snowing a bunch. 

After riding we headed over to Crispin Lipscomb’s house in Pemberton just north of Whistler.  We had a great barbeque and watched the Canucks in a Play Off game against the Nashville Predators.  Sadly the Canucks lost the game but not the series.  It was a heated battle though and we all ended up getting into it. 

Sunday was great with broken cloud providing lots of sunny breaks.  The Blackcomb Park was in full swing and busy.  There were many decent laps riding jumps and hips.  The ride down was full of natural features and spins off the edges of snow groomer roads.  The mountain really is one big play ground. 

Today the mountain was a cloud sandwich.  Clear in the valley, cloudy in the middle, and bright sun shine up top.  Unfortunately the park sits in the middle of the mountain.  It was nice sitting in the sun up top, but there was no work that could be done in the park, that was a white room.  I met up with pro snowboarders Alex Duckworth, Caitlyn Irwin, and Sarah Conrad at the top of the lift where Alex and Caitlyn were sun tanning.  It was good to catch up and chat for a bit, however I couldn’t sit still. 

I headed back down to Squamish and hit the gym, where you can always get work done now matter the weather.  I had a great satisfying workout. 

Now time to catch up on computer work.  Blogging being one of them.  Still, I can’t complain, it was a great weekend.      

No comments:

Post a Comment